Wednesday, July 23, 2008

VACATION TIME YIPEE

I'm taking a break from basically everything. I left town and my son and I have come to Olathe Ks....outside of KC. I get to meet OPGal for lunch on Friday. It will be fun to meet someone I see commenting regulary on PR. I spend way too much time on it, but I love it.

My sister is sewing some and she had a pattern of a skirt she wants to make.
So we went and got fabric for it Monday. I'm going to fit the pattern to her and make it for her birthday in August. (before I leave town). She has a new Singer and I love new machines...so this will be fun. She says I should be making something for myself...but really.....tents just aren't fun to make...lol

We've really enjoyed being here. I met with most of my sibs Sunday evening at a birthday party they were celebrating for our niece. Everyone except my older brother. I'm meeting him for breakfast on Friday morning.

Sara, Melinda, Jeff and i went to Dave and Busters over in KC. The food was delicious and there were plenty arcade games to spend our money on. We had fun.

Today, is another lazy day. It is very hot and humid here.
We're used to the heat, but not the humidity. It really sucks the energy right out. If Jeff ever gets out of bed, we are going shopping for some school clothes and tennis shoes. (and maybe a new iron at JOann's or fabric at Kaplans) or not.

Tonight I think we are going to a movie, MamaMia I hope. Jeff is going to Worlds of Fun tomorrow with his cousin Sarah and I am sewing. Heaven awaits!

I'll try to post pictures if I can figure out how to do it with my cell phone.......

It's been a very relaxing week so far. Poor JIm is home with the animals and trying to clean out all of the junk we've accumulated since we married 4 years ago. I'll admit it is mostly my junk, but some of it is his too....lol

I miss him, and I miss my kids, but I don't miss work. I love my job...been there 20 years as of last Friday, but I really needed the break.

My dream was to retire last week and sew for a living, but with the economy the way it is,....well, you understand why that probably isn't going to happen.


Enough for now.

If you've dropped by , I hope i didn't bore you to death....so thanks for stopping. Come again.

No comments: