Sunday, December 7, 2008

Finally ,at last, something sewn!

Last week I finished a blessing gown for a fellow co workers' baby girl. I made it out of eyelet...very simple with McCalls M4865. I had to alter the sleeves to make them narrower and no band, but it was fast and easy. I fully lined it with a bemberg lining. I'll post pictures..they're supposed to take some for me...I forgot my camera duh!

I'm also working on a Christmas dress for dgd. It is black with red flowers on it. The oriental look....love that fabric and since she is part Vietnamese it will look darling on her.

Thursday we went to pick up my Elegante which was being serviced...oh how hard it was to have to take it in, but I had jammed it somehow mending a pair of overalls for a friend's son. They had it for over 3 weeks and it just about killed me to use my other machine.....which also stopped working on Thursday as I was trying to finish up the dress. I was going to have to drag another machine out to finish when the shop called and said it was ready...yipee.....what a relief....so my hubby and I went to pick it up and while I was gathering a few supplies I needed, he was talking to the owner about purchasing the Ellissimo......and we did. We got a great deal and I love the machine......because my debit card would only allow a certain amount of money to transfer in a day, we couldn't take it home that night, but they let me take the Ellegante home to finish the dress. Saturday we went and picked up the new machine, and my husband purchased the Babylock serger with the wave...can't think of the name at the moment.....I have the 8 thread Evolve but want to use it as a cover lock machine and have the other serger to use for regular sewing.....it was a great sale as well. So I am set in machines for sure.....What a sweetheart he is.

It is so good to get back to sewing.....I really get cranky when I'm not sewing anything.......but now it's time to get things cleaned up and set up for Christmas....and still get all of the sewing projects finished before the 25th....ha

I am making pajamas for a friend at work. He has 4 children and they are my sub for santa project this year. I found some darling snuggle flannels for 1/2 price at Joann's and have the fabric washed and dried and ready to cut out.......Monday I will cut them out, Tuesday I will start to sew....and finsh the Christmas dress first....then start on the jammies.

My father used to do sub for santas for people all the time when I was young. He was a sneaky guy and taught us the ring and run principle....it's better when no one knows it was you....it's so much fun to watch the look of confusion then surprise when they see what was left.....I just love it. However, this family (the parents) know I am doing it, because I had to get sizes....I'll post picks when I get them finished.....

I need to make some pj bottoms for ds. That's the only thing he'll let me sew for him.....silly boy.

So much to do,so little time, but good to be back at the machine again and blogging again as well. NOt that anyone is reading this, but that's ok too.

No comments: