Saturday, September 19, 2009

Another day little accomplished, keep plugging on!

Ok, today I fixed a pair of slacks for my friend, and moved a closure on a formal for her daughter. Then I pressed the fabric for my dress. Measured to make sure I would have enough. I do. It's a rayon, not quite turqois blue with white flowers on it and some other design in tan. A little different, but I like it. I have no idea where I bought it, but it's about 4 years old or older. I am making it like one of the dresses I bought from Catherines, online last year.
First I have to make pintucks 3/8 inch deep and 3/4 inch apart. I need 16 of them on the front piece and 17 on the back. Yes I'm huge so it has to be too!
I measured the length I would need for each peice, 55 inches.
Then a thunderstorm hit and we unplugged the machines. I came up and exercised, fixed dinner and now am blogging. But it's 11pm and I guess too late to go back to the dungeon and sew. :(
Oh well, tomorrow is another day. But at least I got something accomplished today. Not much, but I'm getting there.

Weight loss this past month: 20 pounds. Yipee!

I'm learning Spanish for my job. I love it. I took it several years ago in college, but only one semester. I'm picking it up pretty easily. Thank goodness. We are going to be a global service center and Spanish will come in handy. AS will my French when I review it again. I've lost alot of it, but hopefully it will come back easily.

No comments: